Small Cells Featured Article
Mindspeed Continues to Rule the Small Cell Design and Manufacture Industry at 63 Percent Market Share, Reveals Infonetics Report
February 14, 2013
By David Gitonga, TMCnet Contributing Writer
As Internet technology deployments continue to heavily lean on the mobile device platform, different companies are struggling to secure a slot in the market. However, most of these implementations require the services of a strong robust network to facilitate all the machine-to-machine communications that are characteristics of the technology.
Mindspeed Technologies, Inc. a renowned designer, developer and seller of semiconductor solutions for wireless and wired communication applications, announced its favorable share of the 3GPP small cell market. According to a report released by Infonetics Research (News - Alert), Mindspeed has a 63 percent market share. The report also shows that the success heavily leans on the shipment of solutions for commercial deployment of HSPA small cells.
The chief analyst at Infonetics, Richard Webb, acknowledged the fact that Mindspeed has a reputation in the small cell business. With the company already on the move to meet the demand for LTE (News - Alert) small cell designs, Richard is confident that the reputation the company has earned in the 3G small cell field will not only speak on its favor but also place it in a good position to create amazing LTE solutions.
Currently, Mindspeed already has 34 design engagements for LTE and dual-mode small cells. The dual designs cater for the fact that LTE technology, though comparably better, is not yet available in many places worldwide. The 34 designs make Mindspeed the only company to have deployed both 3G and LTE small cells with options for FDD and TDD versions for its LTE designs.
The design of small cells remains to be the most thrilling section of the wireless technology market today. Raouf Y. Halim, the chief executive officer, Mindspeed, believes that since the acquisition of Picochip over a year ago, the company has grown to meet most of its major goals. He said, “We have integrated the teams, gained the synergies we aimed for and, as a result, are the only SoC Company with credible dual-mode solutions.”
With small cell technology being the new way to improving network coverage and capacity in places where traditional towers cannot bridge the gap, Mindspeed has placed itself at the very center of the mobile computing and Internet access revolution. By upholding these standards, it will no doubt continue to hold its current 63 percent market share while letting its competitors scramble for the remaining 37 percent.
Edited by Ashley Caputo
Resource LinksARE YOU READY TO SIMPLIFY YOUR LIFE?
Contact us today and we will help.